▪ IMPORTANT CALENDAR CHANGES...Due to the number of snow days used this winter, we will have to make up three (3) days of school. The last day for students is changed to Wednesday, June 18, 2014. Below is the updated school calendar. Note final exams have been moved to Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday, June 16, 17, 18, 2014. June 17 & 18 are HALF days of school. June 12 & 13 are now FULL days of school. Please make arrangements for your student to be in school and attend classes through Wednesday, June 18, 2014.
▪ Stop-Bullies.com is dedicated to helping schools and families address bullying, intimidation, and harassment. Visit their site for up-to-date bully prevention information and strategies.
COLLEGE OPEN HOUSES AND SUMMER PROGRAMS...
▪ City Camp...visit http://www.detroitsummercamp.com/ and register online.
▪ Seats are still available for the Black College Tour...
For more information visit http://rdttravelandtours.blogspot.com
or their Facebook page.
▪Second Annual Young Authors' Conference...
June 21, 2014 at Michigan State University. For more information visit http://youngauthor.wide.msu.edu/.
Application deadline June 1, 2014.
▪ Stanford University Pre-Collegiate Summer Institute and Summer College...
Choose from over 125 college courses in 30 academic departments. To learn more about these programs and their application process, visit http://spcs.stanford.edu/explore.
▪ VISIT UM - FLINT THIS SPRING:
Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:00am - 2:00pm
RSVP required at go.umflint.edu/spring. To learn about other opportunities visit UM-Flint at http://www.umflint.edu/admissions/visit-um-flint.
▪ CLEVELAND INSTITUTE of ART PRE-COLLEGE PROGRAM
July 13 - 26, 2014
Successful completion of this program will provide students with three college credits. Visit:
http://www.cia.edu/continuing-education/pre-college for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216.421.7461